Christmas and New Year are right around the corner, and you want to look your best. However, winter brings its own set of skincare woes, from dry skin, chapped lips, and chafing, to acne and itchy patches. But with a diligent self-care routine, you can easily overcome the menace of these winter skin-blues. Here are simple two-ingredient face packs that can give you promising results and that glowing winter charm.
Banana and milk
The most basic treatment of dry skin is rehydration, but ever wondered if simple essentials, found at home, can be used to combat dryness? Banana helps remove dead skin, and milk works as a soothing agent.
Banana - 1 whole
Milk - 1 tablespoon
- Mash an entire banana in a bowl, and add one tablespoon of milk.
- Mix it well to make a paste, and apply it on the face.
- Relax with some soothing music while you let the pack do its magic for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water, and restore the glow.
Lemon and Honey
Both, yet again, simple ingredients found in the kitchen, can work exceptionally as a combination to soothe dry and itchy skin. Lemon is bountiful with antioxidants, while honey is a natural moisturizing agent.
Lemon - 1
Honey - 1 tablespoon
- Take half a lemon, and extract juice from it
- Add a tablespoon of honey
- Mix both well, and use a cotton pad to dap it on the affected areas, or apply directly.
- Allow the pack to rehydrate your skin, as you let it stay for 15 minutes
- Wash it off with warm water
Apply these face packs at least two times a week. If you haven’t used these ingredients before, try doing a patch on your arm before you apply it to the skin. With these simple packs that take less than 5 minutes to make, get glowing skin this winter season, and flaunt it with grace!